Whatsapp is an online messaging platform and can boast of millions of users worldwide due to it’s quick message delivery platform but this diesbt go without the constant addition to WhatsApp group especially those that are grossly irrelevant to you.
Finally to curb this and enhance user privacy a new feature has been introduced to make sure users get permission before adding you to Groups. See how to configure the settings below:
HOW TO ENABLE THE SETTINGS
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone, and go to Settings > Accounts > Privacy.
2. Tap on Groups, and select any of the option below that suits you best.
Below are the options:-
– Nobody (this will prevents anyone from adding you to a group).
– My Contacts (only your contacts can add you to a group).
– Anyone (Anyone can add you to a group without an invitation)
If you value your privacy, you should select either of the first two options.